For this process you will need to have the following:
- DD for DOS x64 or DD for DOS
- Windows ADK
- A secondary drive connected to capture machine
Capture Stratodesk image
- Install Stratodesk on endpoint.
- After install turn off the machine. DO NOT REBOOT.
Create 2 folders on SSCM server
Use Windows ADK to create boot image.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\amd64\en-us\winpe.wim
- Copy winpe.wim to Source folder on SCCM server
Run Deployment and Imaging Tools from Windows Kits
- Start menu\Windows Kit\Deployment and Imaging Tools
- Right click run as Administrator
Run Dism Command to mount
- dism /mount-wim /wimfile:C:\source\winpe.wim /index:1 /mountdir:C:\mount
Copy DD for Dos to winpe
- copy dd for dos and dll
- Close window.
Run Deployment and Imaging Tools from Windows Kits to commit changes.
- dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:C:\mount /commit
Copy created winpe.wim from source to your Boot Image location on SCCM server.
Create a new Boot Image
- In SCCM create a new boot image.
- Point it to the newly created .wim
- In properties\customization of new boot image enable command support.
- In properties\data source enable PXE
- Apply changes
- Distribute new boot image
Create Task sequence Media with the following settings
- Bootable media
- Dynamic media
- point to .iso location on SCCM server
- Use Boot image with DD created
Capture Stratodesk Image
- Boot Gold machine from .iso
- Press F8 for command prompt
- List vol
- make note of secondary drive.
DD commands for creating boot image
- --dd list
- Make sure harddisk0\partition0 is the full drive with Stratodesk installed
- dd if=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition0 of=I:\Strato.img bs=1M --size --progress
Copy created image to Config server.
Create diskpart.txt in same location with the following commands included
- select disk 0
- Create a new custom task sequence
- Use boot image with DD
Task Sequence Bare Metal
Step 1: Connect to Configman share containing captured image and diskpart.txt and assign a drive letter
Step 2: Command Line - Prepare disk using diskpart /s I:\diskpart.txt (I:\ is the drive letter in Step 1)
Step 3: Command Line - Apply Image using dd command for Task sequence
- dd if=I:\strato.img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition0 bs=1M --size --progress
Task Sequence In-=Place Upgrade
copy Bare metal Task sequence
place restart as the first step